Falafel recipe without frying. Learn how to make yummy baked falafel.
“I love Falafel, but hate frying too. I make fried falafels, that’s quite a dietary problem and surely messing. I agree baking it’s a good untraditional alternative!”
– 15 to 20 oz can chickpeas, drained OR 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked for 24 hours and drained
– 1/2 chopped onion
– 6 tablespoons of chopped parsley and/or cilantro (I’m doing about 2/3 parsley, 1/3 cilantro)
– 2-3 cloves chopped garlic, depending on your taste
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 2 teaspoons coriander
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– pinch of cayenne
– couple tablespoons of olive oil – for the falafel and for the baking sheet!
– salt and pepper to taste
You’ll need a food processor too
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Put EVERYTHING in the food processor, pulse to combine and scrap down the sides. Make sure the mixture will not be smooth, but not have big pieces. If it’ hard to combine in the food processor, add a little olive oil to get it work.
3. When it’s done, taste everything and season with salt or any seasonings as needed.
4. Form mixture into 16 falafel balls and brush with remaining tablespoon olive oil. Bake on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes, flip falafel balls and bake an additional 20 minutes, until falafel balls are crisp and browned.